4th Grade Gold Rush Living History Program
NOW Accepting Reservations for 2018!
California Gold Rush Living History Program
2 1/4 Hour Hands-On Mining Experience
Located in Santa Clarita
Meets Social Science Content Standards 4.3, 4.3.3, 4.3.5,4.4,4.4.2,4.4.3,4.4.4
Meets Earth Science Content Standards (4a, 4b, 5a, 5b and 5c); Investigation and Experimentation (6a)
Learn about the history of the Gold Rush in your own backyard, not to mention the place where gold was first discovered in California. The first documented discovery of gold in California occurred in 1842 when Francisco Lopez, then a resident at Rancho San Francisco (Later known as Newhall Ranch), found the placer deposits in Placerita Canyon right here in Santa Clarita.
- Stake a Claim & Pan for GOLD!
- Meet with an Assayer
- Make butter in a mason jar
- Learn about rocks and minerals
- Make a candle
- Make adobe bricks
- Learn to live like an early settler
- Play pioneer games & MORE!
- 2.25 Hour program, Start times:9:45 am, 10:45 am and 12:00 pm
- Archery, Ropes Course, Climbing Wall,
- Native American Show, Craft Projects, BBQ Meals & Overnight Experiences
- Picnic Areas Available Before or After Your Classes Program (Included)
Book TODAY! Our Calendar is Filling Up!!!
AM Program Rates 9:45am to 12:00am $13.50 Per Student
PM Program Rates 12:00pm to 2:14pm $12.00 Per Student
Chaperones 1/2 Off!
Teachers are FREE!
*Base price before extra activities
Ask about special transportation prices from Brooks Transportation
CLICK HERE to reserve your classes trip today or call 661-257-0266
Youtube Video: Click Here
Latest VT Ranch Gold Rush News: http://scvnews.com/2013/04/08/ranch-brings-gold-rush-to-life-for-4th-graders/