4th Grade Gold Rush Living History Program
Attention 4th Grade Teachers and School Administrators
California Gold Rush Living History Program
2 Hour Hands-On Mining Experience
Meets Social Science Content Standards 4.3, 4.3.3, 4.3.5,4.4,4.4.2,4.4.3,4.4.4
Meets Earth Science Content Standards (4a, 4b, 5a, 5b and 5c); Investigation and Experimentation (6a)
Located in Santa Clarita
Learn about the history of the Gold Rush in your own backyard, not to mention the place where gold was first discovered in California. The first documented discovery of gold in California occurred in 1842 when Francisco Lopez, then a resident at Rancho San Francisco (Later known as Newhall Ranch), found the placer deposits in Placerita Canyon right here in Santa Clarita.
- Stake a Claim & Pan for GOLD!
- Meet with an Assayer
- Make butter in a mason jar
- Learn about rocks and minerals
- Miner craft projects
- Make adobe bricks
- Learn to live like an early settler
- End the day with a Hoe-Down celebration
- Play pioneer games & MORE!
- 2 Hour program, Start times:9:15am and 12:15 pm
- Archery, Ropes Course, Climbing Wall,
- Native American Show, Craft Projects, BBQ Meals & Overnight Experiences
- Picnic Areas Available Before or After Your Classes Program
Book by November 15th to Get Special Price:
AM Program Rates 9:30am to 11:30am $12.00 Per Student
PM Program Rates 12:00pm to 2:00pm $11.00 Per Student*
*If scheduled on same day as an AM program
Ask about special transportation prices from Brooks Transportation
Chaperones 1/2 Off!
Teachers are FREE!
*Base price before extra activities
Reserve your classes trip today by calling 661-257-0266
Youtube Video: Click Here
Latest VT Ranch Gold Rush News: http://scvnews.com/2013/04/08/ranch-brings-gold-rush-to-life-for-4th-graders/